Kaplan Software, LLC
- This policy covers how Kaplan treats personal information that Kaplan collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Kaplan products and services. Personal information is information about you or your clients that is personally identifiable like name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Kaplan does not own or control, or to people that Kaplan does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Kaplan collects personal information when you register with Kaplan, when you use Kaplan products or services, or when you visit Kaplan websites or pages. Kaplan may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies, if applicable.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation and industry. For some financial products and services we may also ask for your address, Social Security number, and information about your company. Once you register with Kaplan and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Kaplan collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners, including information about your use of financial products and services that we offer.
- Kaplan automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Kaplan cookie information, and the page you request.
- Kaplan uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Kaplan does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Kaplan under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Kaplan communicate with you about offers from Kaplan and our services. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Kaplan may set and access Kaplan cookies on your computer.
- Kaplan lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Kaplan's cookies.
- Kaplan uses web beacons to access Kaplan cookies inside and outside our network of web sites and in connection with Kaplan products and services.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Kaplan Account Information, including your marketing preferences, at any time.
- New categories of marketing communications may be added to the Marketing Preferences page from time to time. Users who visit this page can opt out of receiving future marketing communications from these new categories or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Kaplan service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Kaplan Newsletter, that are considered part of your Kaplan account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can delete your Kaplan account by visiting our Account Deletion page. Please click here to read about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality and Security
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
- Kaplan may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Kaplan account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.